Sunday, March 21, 2010

week 9 "Social Tools & Cloud Computing"

Cloud computing is something that was new to me but it is very easy to do and is a great way to stay organized. Google Docs is a great tool that I never knew existed but I found very beneficial because I am constantly making lists to make sure that I get all the tasks I need to get done in a timely fashion.

Social tools are constantly changing the way people do things. Instead of meeting people in person people meet others online and instead of phone conversations people choose to text others. I feel that social tools can be both beneficial and distracting depending on how much someone uses them. I believe that they are good in moderation and depends on the individual. As long as a person learns social skills and doesn't become dependent on the social tools to interact with others then social tools are okay.

I think that as a teacher I will be able to teach my students how to use cloud computing but I don't think that my class will be using social tools that often. The only time I can see using social tools inside my classroom is YouTube if I want to show my class a video that relates to the topic of discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment