Sunday, April 18, 2010

Week 12 " Creating a Professional Web Presence"


A professional web presence is a great tool that you can show potential employers that you can show them previous work and all of the experience that you have. A web presence allows you to update information whenever you can. Like a resume it is better to edit it as soon as you can. Also you can tweak you web presence to fit the job that you are applying for.

I will be able to use a professional web presence when I am applying for a job as a teacher. I will be able to show potential employers previous lesson plans, my resume and websites that I can use to create lesson plans in the future. I will be able to use the web presence that I created for this course for the rest of my academic and professional career.
Above is a screen shot that I took of my home page of my professional web presence. Web presences should be easy to navigate and should have multiple levels. The labels should be labeled properly that way the people navigating the site can find what they are looking for quickly. I really like the fact of adding pictures to a web presence to add a special personal touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment