Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Week 10 "Tech Tools for Critical Thinking"

Webspirtation is a great tool that can be used for students note taking or as a web to begin writing their paper. I really enjoyed using webspiration because I am a visual learner and by seeing the bubbles that came off of the one central bubble it made more sense and I was able to how everything was interconnected. I plan on using webspiration in the future for group projects and writing papers that way I know what needs to be done and what steps will need to be done in order to get there.

I think I will use this as a teacher on a pretty frequent basis because it will add more color to note taking. The students won't have to always copy notes. I think if I incorporate mind mapping tools, powerpoint presentation, skeleton notes as well as other methods the students will stay more interested in the lesson that I will be teaching. Students will also be able to take home their mind mapping creations that way they can study at home.


It was really neat to see how a special education teacher is using webspiration because I am thinking about teaching special education. This tool allowed students to memorize the information more easily. By the time I start teaching I am sure that there will be other mind mapping tools that will improve the way special education as well as other students learn better.

No comments:

Post a Comment