Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Week 11 "Open Source Software"


Open Source Software programs allow access to word documents, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and much more. One of the great things about open source software is that anyone can report issues, ask for new features and enhancements wanted to make the software more efficient. You can find great software that is easy to navigate and that is free to use.

I navigated the openoffice.org software and it is extremely easy to use. I personally have other tools that I am more comfortable with and I am not sure how often I will use open source software being a teacher.

As you can see in the picture above the best thing about open source software is that it is FREE! When it comes to software nowadays it is so expensive so when there are programs that are free people really should take advantage of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment