Monday, February 8, 2010

Week 2 "Did you know?"

In 1981 there were only 1,000 internet devices with the number increasing to 1,000,000 in 1992. Amazingly by the year 2008, this number increased to 1,000,000,000. There are about 31 billion Google searches every month a huge increase from 2006 with only 2.7 billion. This says a lot about the dependency we are developing for this equipment. Technology equipment is almost everywhere you go and it is almost impossible to get through the day without using some sort of device. Many people feel they cannot get through life without these modern advantages. Instead of phone calls, people now send written messages. The number of text message sent and received everyday, exceeds the total population of the planet. This new way of communication is taking away the personal interaction that is so important in society.
As a member of the 21st century it is up to me to keep aware of the changes in technology and to become educated about all of the new equipment that may be used. I want to stay informed and use the newest technology as it is developed. Since the technology becomes up dated every few years, I will need to keep myself educated so that I can properly use all of the modern devices. As a teacher, it will be my responsibility to teach my students how to operate computers and search the internet for educational purposes. I want my students to learn to use the computers and expand their minds. There is so much information at the fingertips just waiting for them to discover it. Since many of them may not get exposure to technological devices at home, it will be up to me to educate them. By learning to adapt and change with the advances in technology, my students and I will be constantly preparing for the future.

Now-a-days children are exposed to technology at a very early age. Many companies are creating devices that are for children so they can expand their knowledge before entering the classroom. Some of these companies are Nintendo, Leapster, and Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment